Monday, August 24, 2009

Just a minute... in August

I completely missed the July just a minute round-up, but I'm back in time for August!

Reading...
the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. It's so trashy, and yet I'm so completely addicted.

Watching... Gossip Girl - anything set in New York gets my attention!

Listening... to lots of new music, like Grizzly Bear, the Dark Was the Night compilation, and the Dirty Projectors.

Eating... lots of asian-inspired noodley dishes, like Shiitake, ginger and tofu hokkien noodles, and Tofu, peanut and noodle stir fry.

Knitting... another one of the berets, in beige this time.

Learning... more French, albeit slowly, thanks to my French For Dummies book, and Sabine! J'aimerais aller en France pour l'utiliser un jour! (sometimes I cheat and check words in Google Translate, shhh)

5 comments:

sandi said...

Pretty good french :) it took me sometime to translate it. Shamefull since I grew up half an hour away from France.

:)

jesska said...

Danke :) It's a lot easier for me to type in French than speak it since I can check words & phrases, and take my time - I tried watching a French movie on TV last night and it was all spoken too quickly for me to understand!

Jenaveve said...

And thus the Twilight addiction was born.

If you have a fave french film (like Amelie?) you might pick up a few more words... depends how many times you've seen it :)

PS. Swing by August St on/after 29th if you want to add yourself to the J.a.Minute Mr.Linky thing... it's an experiment so we'll see how it goes...

sandi said...

Movies in French are allways to fast ... I tried it myself and failed ...
Jenaveve's idea sounds good!

Sabine said...

Google translate is not cheating! Ce n'est pas de la triche!!
Bisous xxx