I made these Devilled Eggs as an hors d'œuvre for a recent 1960s party - they're a decadent delight!
~ 6 free range eggs
~ 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
~ 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
~ paprika (optional)
What to do:
1. Hard boil the eggs. (Sounds easy enough, but if you're not a seasoned egg boiler: place the eggs into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring this to the boil on highest heat, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Voila! Your eggs are hard boiled.)
2. The eggs will need to be cooled by draining the hot water and replacing with cold, or letting them sit for a while (even in the fridge overnight if you're making them ahead of time).
3. Once cool, peel off the shells and cut the hard boiled eggs ever so carefully in half.
4. Scoop out the yolk into a bowl - don't rush it or the white will break - then mix in the mustard and mayonnaise.
5. Spoon the gooey yolk mixture back into the egg white 'cups' and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Congratulate yourself on being a domestic god/goddess.