Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tokyoyoyo

Oh my poor neglected blog, I haven't forgotten you. I was tempted to scrap all posts to date and start again, but putting that in the 'can't-be-bothered' category I'll just keep going.

So.

I got home from Tokyo yesterday! It's a place like nowhere else. The people were all polite, friendly and helpful, even when they didn't speak English (which was often). I did a poor job of learning the language, but will work on it for the next trip! I've even kept some yen and a Pasmo card just in case.

Highlights:
~ Bathing at a Japanese onsen (yes, naked)
~ Escaping the Melbourne winter in exchange for 26°C days
~ The slightly hard to find Golden Gai area in Shinjuku
~ Lots of karaoke!

Lowlights:
~ The Tsukiji fish market... just wasn't for me
~ Not seeing Mount Fuji (we tried in Kamakura but it was too cloudy)
~ Having to leave after only 10 days

2 comments:

littlechrissy said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a top time. Yes the nudey onsens are a bit strange aren't they?

Unknown said...

Thanks! It was truly amazing, I can't wait to go back again. In the meantime, I've heard there are Japanese baths in Melbourne, and of course karaoke so I can get my fix :)