- 8 eggs
- 8 plain tortillas
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp vegie salt (similar to vegie stock; use regular salt if unavailable)
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Jalapenos (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until soft, then add the kidney beans, tomato, paprika and vegie salt.
- Cook until heated through then divide the mixture evenly between the tortillas.
- In the same pan, fry up the eggs.
- While they're cooking you can place the other ingredients on top of the bean mix (sliced avocado, jalapenos, grated cheese and tabasco).
- When the eggs are cooked, placed them on top of everything else.
Serves 4 hungry people, or 8 less hungry people.
One time when I was feeling particularly motivated I made the tortillas from scratch using this recipe (well worth the effort).