All this rain and cold weather makes it feel like winter's coming early this year... which means hello apple crumble! It's so easy, you'll need:
~ 2 or 3 green apples
~ 3 tablespoons butter or nuttelex
~ 2 tablespoons brown sugar
~ 2 tablespoons rolled oats
~ 4 tablespoons plain flour
~ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Then here's what to do:
1. Preheat oven to 180 celsius.
2. Slice apples and lay in a casserole dish (I use a glass one) then pour oven 1/4 cup boiling water and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
3. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place sugar, flour and oats into a separate mixing bowl and rub in butter or nuttelex (it should be softened but not melted).
5. Mix until just crumbly, and don't overmix!
6. Pour the crumble mixture on top of the apples and place uncovered in the oven for 30 minutes (or until the top of the crumble is golden/browning).
7. Delicious with vanilla soy ice cream.