The Moosewood Cookbook strikes again! I made this Baba Ghanouj a few days ago and it's still good! Here's what you need:
~ 2 medium-small eggplants
~ juice from one lemon
~ 1/2 cup tahini
~ 3 cloves garlic, crushed
~ salt & pepper
~ 1/2 cup finely-chopped parsley
~ 1/4 cup finely-chopped spring onions (optional)
~ 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
Then how to turn it into a delicious dip:
1. Preheat the oven to 190 Celsius.
2. Cut off the eggplant stems and prick all over with a fork.
3. Place on the oven rack without a tray and roast until wrinkled and soft (about 50 minutes).
4. Remove from the oven and wait until cool enough to handle.
5. Peel off the skin or scoop out the flesh and mash well - or if you have a bamix or blender, use that!
6. Add all the other ingredients and keep mixing.
7. Chill before serving (the recipe suggests drizzling olive oil over, but it's delicious both with and without).
>> Spelling of "Baba Ganouj" has been corrected to match the cookbook, but not sure it's right!