Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yume

I know I've mentioned it before but I had dinner at the Japanese restaurant Yume (367 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy) again last night, and it was delicious! I'm always surprised when there's hardly anyone in there - it's great food, and the menu has recently changed to include more vegetarian options, which rates well with me.

Recommended dishes:
~ Nasu Dengaku $6.80 (eggplant served with sweet white miso and dark miso sauce)
~ Vegetarian Gyoza $7.80 (served with lime soy sauce and salad; 5 pieces)
~ Vegetarian Tempura $7.80 (assorted vegetables lightly battered and crispy fried, served with basil soy)
~ Tofu Don $8.80 (soft tofu, stir fried mixed vegetables with teriyaki sauce on rice; pictured above)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love vego Japanese food but haven't been to Yume - will have to check it out!

Unknown said...

For sure, love to hear what you think!