Thursday, December 30, 2010

Silken Tofu with Soba Noodles

I would say 2010 was the year I developed my obsession for Japanese things (I blame it on the trip to Tokyo), so naturally I've been eating a lot of soba noodles and silken tofu. This dish is super easy. To serve 3-4 people, you need:
~ about 100g soba noodles
~ 2 or 3 spring onions (scallions), chopped
~ 200g silken tofu
~ 1 tbsp rice vinegar
~ 1 tbsp soy sauce
~ 1 small red chilli, chopped (seeds removed for less spice)
~ some chopped fresh ginger
~ Japanese pickled ginger (to taste)

1. I cook the noodles first (according to packet directions) then put them aside.
2. Steam the tofu with the soy & vinegar.
3. Lightly stir fry the remaining ingredients - you can also add things like chopped red capsicum, celery, and mushrooms.
4. Serve in bowls with noodles at the bottom, then vegies, and top with the tofu & pickled ginger.

No comments: