To make gingerbread you will need:
~ 1/2 cup sugar
~ 3 cups plain flour
~ 1 tsp bicarb soda
~ 2 tsp ground ginger
~ 125g butter
~ 4 tbsp golden syrup
~ 2 eggs (beaten)
Then what to do with it all?
1. Rub butter into the dry ingredients (sugar, flour, bicarb & ginger)
2. Add warmed golden syrup (30 seconds on high in the microwave)
3. Mix in the beaten eggs
4. Bake at 190 degrees celcius for 10-15 minutes
5. Loosen on the tray while still warm
6. Ice with royal icing
7. Create dinosaur traffic jams**
**Step 7 is optional, but highly recommended.
>> Recipe courtesy of Gingerbread Mafia, of course :) While looking for the royal icing recipe, I discovered a whole site dedicated to gingerbread houses, I'm tempted to try that next time!