Monday, June 2, 2008

A seamstress

I'm slowly working my way up to super seamstress status, what with the yarn, needles, sewing machine and now a tape measure! My most recent knitting project has involved some maths, including a gauge swatch to determine how many stitches/rows there were per inch. I've found a better explanation at Howstuffworks, in case mine makes no sense.

>> Seamstress is also the name of a bar in Melbourne with sewing decor strewn throughout, and beers handed to you in brown paper bags (in the basement, at least). Also worth it for the Aesop soap & hand cream in the bathrooms.

1 comment:

Marita said...

This sounds like my kind of place, Aesop is hard to locate here, and they have it on tap. I'm adding to my notion collection, all those gadgets you never knew you needed.