Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A zebra scarf

My first attempt at designing my own knitting pattern! It's a lot shorter than I had hoped, but once the first half was finished, it was basically locked in. I might try to create a version 2.0 at some stage, but for now, here is what I did:

Stitch: garter
Needles: size #6 (5mm)
Yarn: 1 ball black, 1 ball white (about 50g each, not sure ply)
Pattern: Cast on 20 stitches in white, k4 W, k36 B, k6 W, k24 B, k10 W, k16 B, k14 W, k 14 B, k14 W, k14 B, k14 W, k14 B, k16 W, k10 B, k24 W, k6 B, k36 W, k4 B, cast off.

>> Abbreviations: k=knit, W=white, B=black, number=ROWS
(eg. k4 W = knit 4 rows white)

4 comments:

Channon said...

That's really good for a first pattern. I've been knitting for a little while, and still have yet to brave making my own things.

Unknown said...

Thanks :) I started with a scarf because there's no increasing/decreasing to get confused with. You should try your own!

CurlyPops said...

I just found your blog. I'm a beginning knitter too and having lots of fun with it so far!

Unknown said...

Me too! The blog is helping to keep me motivated, although I seem to be posting less and less about knitting... must get back on track soon!