Sunday, November 23, 2008

Poached apricots

Yikes a whole week has passed without a single post (again). Not much crafting but lots of eating has been going on! This is actually a before shot of my poached apricots because, let's be honest, they're not too pretty after the poaching is complete!

I used:
~ 8 fresh apricots, cut in halves
~ almost 1 cup sugar
~ 2 cups water

What to do:
1. Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Once sugar has dissolved, add the apricots and reduce heat.
3. Let simmer for 15 minutes then leave to cool (don't strain them).
4. Can be kept in the fridge for at least a few days, although mine didn't last that long. Just use a slotted spoon to serve up what you need each time. Delicious on muesli or with ice-cream.

3 comments:

Maureen Reynolds said...

Fresh apricots are quite uncommon in the area I live but we do get them on occasion. Often too mealy as they aren't local. Those look like a delicious batch on the way.

Beth said...

You know, recently I've been thinking about how awesome poached apricots or peaches would taste with porridge. I think, with your recipe, I may have to make them now!

Unknown said...

I was lucky with these - a guy I work with brought in a whole bag so I got them for free! Would probably use a little less sugar next time as they turned out quite sweet (still tasty though).