The pancakes were eaten before I thought to take a final photo! To make your own, you'll need:
~ 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
~ 2 tablespoons sugar
~ 2 eggs
~ 1 cup milk
~ 60g butter (melted)
Then what to do with it all?
1. Sift the flour & sugar into a large-ish bowl
2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk & pre-melted butter
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry, then whisk until batter is smooth (add a splash more milk if necessary)
4. Cover & set aside for 20 minutes**
5. Heat a little butter in a frying pan & pour in about 1/4 cup of batter at a time, cooking for a few minutes on each side (time will vary depending on thickness of pancakes)
** I never have the patience for this, and it doesn't seem to matter. I believe it is an evil lie intended to make us wait unnecessarily for our pancakes.
>> These are best served with hot chocolate sauce! It's easy: in a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup each of sugar, cocoa & water. Stir over low heat until simmering (add a little more water if necessary for 'sauce' consistency). Mix in a tiny bit of butter before serving.