I seem to be in the kitchen a lot at the moment. To make this roast vegetable salad you'll need:
~ 2 potatoes, peeled & chopped
~ 1/4 pumpkin, peeled & chopped
~ 1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped
~ 1 capsicum, chopped
~ 1/2 bunch celery, chopped
~ 2 tbsp olive oil
~ A handful of pine nuts
It's super easy, here are the steps:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. In a bowl, put the chopped potatoes, pumpkin and sweet potato (pieces should all be roughly the same size) a drizzle with half the oil.
2. Put this all on a tray into the oven for about 40 minutes, or until vegies are almost cooked (this will depend on the size of the pieces).
3. In the same bowl, put the capsicum, celery and pine nuts, then add the remaining oil and combine.
4. Once other vegies are almost cooked, put the second lot on a separate tray into the oven and cook until pine nuts are golden.
5. Put all the cooked vegies & nuts in a large bowl and combine before serving.
>> It's good with tabasco sauce! You can substitute other vegetables like zucchini or carrot - whatever you've got in the fridge. I just submitted this one to WhyVeg.com hoping to win a basket of cruelty-free goodies... wish me luck!